Chef Simeon Hall Jr.
Vegan.....The Journey from Carnivore to "Vegetablevore"
Rosemary "Hay" Roasted Carrots, Burst Heirloom Tomatoes, Mint Cardamom "Fauxgurt"
I will be the first to admit partaking in a Vegan Lifestyle is difficult. The world is designed to be everything but.......As a chef I have a few advantages that I wish to share with you.
Every vegan pantry should have:
1. Barilla pasta and a non fructose, no added cheese tomato sauce.
2. Coconut oil. Vegan or not this is essential. As an ingredient, for skin, for.....listen just keep a bottle around.
3. Hot sauce or Pepper sauce. Bland is not acceptable as a vegan. And hot sauces usually "pep up" the normality of any dish. Not just from the heat, but from the added acidic boost.
4. Fresh herbs, garlic, EVOO; okay so this isn't one item, nor is it for the pantry, but these are essential. If there ever was a time to flavor your food with "SOUL" it's now!
5. Tortillas! Use these to thicken soups, add to vegetables stews for texture, to eat as a snack and so much more. These are definitely Italy a vegan must-have.
Duo of mushroom ragout, shaved vegetables, truffles, grilled baguette.