43 & Brutally Honest!
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
10/16/2019 marks my 43rd birthday and here are 5 things I want you to know.
Warning! Dis is not for the faint of heart!
Remember that post about how I caused my marriage to fail? Well on the intensity meter this is up there. Strap in and hold on to your mouse!
A Few Things about this Blog.
This is my blog and I will certainly speak freely, artistically and sometimes uneditedly, bad grammar and all. So if you find yourself more interested in structure over content, this is definitely not the blog for you. If you are offended by life's truisms through my eyes then just look at the pretty pictures. There will be exclusive content on this site.
I am very ad hoc and so is this blog. There is no Monday or Tuesday or Wednesdee' schedule, there is a stay tuned schedule. SO STAY TUNED!
Whelp! Here goes!
5. Am I gay? For many many years, it has been rumored that I was gay and every other 6 months something happens to allow this to be sited again. Truth is, I wish I was so that I could say.... And so what? Explicitly! Sadly, the world we live in still synonymizes personal preferences with guilt and shame. Bey, if I was gay it would be no one's business and remember you don't have to be in that community to love, appreciate and respect those that are like I do. So to those who believe I am and suggest that all I say is,......And so what? And to my Gay supporters especially Mr. Anonymous that always compliments me in my DM I appreciate you and your compliments, sir. Please know that.
4. I once slept for 3 days in my car to participate in a big international event with a famous Chef friend of mine. There was no way I was going to miss it and I certainly couldn't afford it either. I went and to this day he or no one knows that I did until now. (That is why I have a special liking for the homeless even though my experience was minuscule in comparison to their existence). #sacrifice I can remember that February like it was yesterday!
3. How many of the ten commandments have you broken? Have you ever felt like even GOD himself couldn't forgive you for this one? When guilt keeps you pinned in the bed and tears have dried like frosting on your cheeks? Listen......I think I better save this one for another blog.
2. I am currently working on 3 restaurant concepts for The Bahamas with 2 other amazing new Restauranteurs, a cookbook and a major event. These concepts will change the trajectory of Bahamian Food Culture forever. That's not being braggadocious either, that's being optimistic coupled with 25 years of hard work, sacrifice, ramen noodles and getting up at 3 am!
1. I hate birthdays, Father's day, Christmas, 4th of July and Valentine's day. They are all rooted in troubling memories, childless emotions, and incomplete purposes. So if I don't project prodigious enthusiasm around those holidays its because I struggle with inadequacies and events that only a Shrink would understand. Does anyone know a good one? #mentalhealth